Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseanrodma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2014
So i was working on my macbook, and it started making aweird noise, it clearly comes from the fans
Then I continued surfing the web with no heavy CPU usage, and my macbook was slow as hell. It felt too hot. I checked the temperature using SMCfancontrol, and it was above 90C / 194F. I tried to spool them up manually, but they do not respond, and they do not go more than 2000 rpm, even under heavy cpu usage.
I reset the SMC and PRAM, and no changes.
I am currently exporting a FCPX project i was working on, in case I loose everything, and it is encoding at 103 C/217 F
What is it?

Mavericks 10,9,1
4gb RAM
2.26 GHz
Nvidia 9400M 256 Mb
250 GB HDD
Macbook 13 inch, late 2009, unibody

----------

lDk54jV

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
So i was working on my macbook, and it started making aweird noise, it clearly comes from the fans
Then I continued surfing the web with no heavy CPU usage, and my macbook was slow as hell. It felt too hot. I checked the temperature using SMCfancontrol, and it was above 90C / 194F. I tried to spool them up manually, but they do not respond, and they do not go more than 2000 rpm, even under heavy cpu usage.
I reset the SMC and PRAM, and no changes.
I am currently exporting a FCPX project i was working on, in case I loose everything, and it is encoding at 103 C/217 F
What is it?

Mavericks 10,9,1
4gb RAM
2.26 GHz
Nvidia 9400M 256 Mb
250 GB HDD
Macbook 13 inch, late 2009, unibody

----------

I am thinking that the fans are failing. Try doing an Apple Hardware Test by holding D at boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.