Macbook (latest Leopard update) KP!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WillJS, Apr 17, 2008.

1. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

When ever I try to start-up my Macbook (in profile), it comes up w/ the apple screen and then has a kernal panic. I cannot get it to bootup, so I used the Mac OS X installation CD and my S.M.A.R.T. Status is "verified" (I think that means it isn't a dead HD). I did a "Verify Disk" and it immediately told me to repair. So I do that, and I get a long list of errors in red text while it's repairing. Is there any information you can gather from this that may lead you to suspect something? It did freeze up while using it and I had to resort to a hard reboot and then this happened, but it wasn't during any update or such. Do YOU think it could be a dead HD? It's only a couple months old, regardless, they do fail despite age. I also noticed that Time Machine wasn't backing up properly before this happened.. :mad:

Should I make an appointment with Apple Genious right away? :(

Edit: I can also hear some faint, high-pitched whistling/buzz coming from the MB while Utilities gathers my "Disk Information".

2. WillJS thread starter macrumors 65816

WillJS

Edit2: running disk utility it cane up with a lot of missing thread ids. Tried to archive and install but that failed, as with an erase and install. Tried restoring from TM backup and that was unsuccessful and wiped the drive.