MacBook LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dylanpika, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Dylanpika macrumors newbie

Hi,

I was purchasing a new LCD for my MacBook Mid-2009, and everywhere I look, it says that the displays from the 2006-2009 models are the same, but the cheapest display I can find says that it only supports the early 2009 MacBook. Is this true, because like I said, everywhere else says that it supports all models. Thanks! :) :apple:

The display I want to buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBo...413?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f135b1a5

I will remove the panel if I have to.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

The actual lcd panels are the same in all the A1181 MacBook models. The one you have linked to will fit from late 2007 to mid-2009 since it includes the top cover, inverter etc. The 3 wall connector cable from the inverter would have to be changed to the earlier 4 wall cable to use it on the models prior to the late 2007 models ( a 2 minute job).

The actual lcd panels are all the same (just different manufacturers) although one manufacturer uses a slightly different cable routing to the iSight camera.

3. Dylanpika thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically I just take the panel out of that one and put it in mine, and use the inverter that mine has using the 4 pin cable going to the logic board?

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Yes - the only difference is the cable from the inverter to the logicboard. Either remove the display from the replacement toplid or just remove the bezel from the replacement, remove the inverter cover (3 screws) and replace the cable with the one from your MacBook....The inverters are all the same too.

The replacement cover may be in better condition than your one though and it is much quicker if you don't have to strip down the replacement !