Macbook & LED Cinema Display Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Krovem, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Krovem macrumors 6502

Krovem

Hey guys,

Just got my LED Cinema Display 24" & hooked it up to my MB Unibody 13". Now I shut the lid down on the MB & it does not go to sleep. Any help with that please? Is there a setting that I need to turn on/off or...?

Also I noticed when I dont do screen mirroring the display looks fantastic. But when I torn it on, the display quality is terrible. Any help? (I did set the highest quality pic & nothing)

Also, I was on blogtv live & people said I sound like I was on air plane. I was using the Cinema display iSight & mic. The MB was actually asleep with lid closed. So is it the display or MB mic problem? I recorded my self with the MB in iMovie & it sounds like I am on the plane too.

Thanks!

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

It's not going to sleep because it's simply hooked up to an external display. If you wanna put it to sleep while it's plugged into the display, click on the apple logo on your menu bar and click on Sleep.

With screen mirroring your screen can only be at the resolution of the smallest display. Think of it like this - you have a 17" display and a 19" display, because both monitors mirror each other, the larger display has the same picture as the smaller picture just magnified, which makes it look worse.

I'm not sure about the microphone, I don't have a clue - I need one of those displays badly :p

3. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

As far as the mic goes, did you by any chance have the usb connector unplugged and only the display port plugged in? If so, maybe it was trying to still use your macbooks mic which would have made your voice weird since the laptop's display was shut.

4. Krovem thread starter macrumors 6502

Krovem

When I closed the lid after like 5 min MB went to sleep and MB screen wasent on anymore (I was mirroring screeens at same time) then the once that happened the Displays resolution was Insanely good!

Does the MB Unibody suppose to take like 5 min to go to sleep when the lid is closed?

Thanks to Blaine I know whats up with the mic. Its using the mic from the MB when the MB lid is shut. How do I use the Displays mic when the lid is shut?

Thanks

5. PAskiier macrumors newbie

I noticed this with my MB as well. It will go to sleep if I close the lid (doesn't take 5 min though) and the resolution on the LED display improved. But, after doing what i wanted with the MB lid closed, I opened the MB lid and the screen was still black, like it was asleep. I tried clicking the trackpad or a key on the keyboard, or the power button and nothing wakes it up.... can anyone help me there? I could actually use the trackpad and the keyboard with the LED display and the MB display is still black.... can't figure out what it takes to wake up the MB screen...

6. AeroUK macrumors 6502

Does your display make a clicking sound every 10 seconds?

7. PAskiier macrumors newbie

nope....