Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

///AME

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
I bought my Macbook 3 weeks ago. I am so upset for the new updates. I asked the Mac genius if there is going to be any updates and he confirmed: no updates until next may. However, Macbooks are updated now with higher speed and better graphics card. Is there a way I can exchange this machine with a new updated machine? Please help. Thanks.

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
I asked the Mac genius if there is going to be any updates and he confirmed: no updates until next may.

You must remember that Apple Store employees do not know when new Mac models are coming out.

If he really did say that, then he lied.

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
I would just sell it and then buy a new one. I am sure you can get about $1100 for the mid range MB. About $1300 for the blackbook.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
You should have listened to random people on Macrumors instead of an Apple Genius.

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
You should have listened to random people on Macrumors instead of an Apple Genius.

Totally agree. My sister was going to listen to the Apple Genius who said "The MacBooks will be updated next year." I said.."Don't do it, trust me just wait another week."

Now my sister has a brand new BlackBook with SR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.