MacBook Lid Issue, A Spare 5 Seconds of your time.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jaded-mandarin, Jul 2, 2008.

1. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

I was wondering if you could open up your MacBook from a closed position, to the position you would open it to. Can you tell me if you get a slight wobble when you let go, or just the general stiffness/looseness of your hinge. The MacBook needs to be on a hard rigid surface or else it won't work.

The reason. I feel my MacBook's hinge is quite loose. I just feel when I open it up, it should perhaps be tighter and more rigid. I seem to get quite a bit of wobble. I took a look at my friend's (newer) MB and it seemed a lot firmer. Somebody once picked my MB up by the monitor for a few seconds and I'm wondering if this has affected it.

Thanks.

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Do the two halves match up when it's closed or is there an off-set? If you're worried about it having been bent or torqued, it should show up there.

3. AlecEdworthy macrumors 6502

AlecEdworthy

My MacBook is 13 months old and has seen pretty heavy usage (used most days, carried to and from work, opened and closed multiple times a day). When I put it on a hard surface and open it by just using my thumb or finger to pry the lid up and then push it back (rather than actually holding it front and back of the lid) the screen does wobble for a couple of seconds when I stop pushing it back. The screen is firmly held in position by the hinge and does not move forwards or backwards on its own and I am not concerned by the wobble.

Regards, Alec