MacBook lid won't stay CLOSED! Pops open! Kawmawn man!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MrCheeto, Aug 13, 2009.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I haz a serial problem, but I'll spare you the plea for sympathy and leave that to my psych.

A less serial problem is my 2.4ghz AluMacBook. It's super great funtime, number one! The problem is when I put it in my laptop bag, the lid pops back open!! :eek:

This means pencils or cd's could get inside of the clamshell and damage it! I don't like to have my properties damaged so I'm wondering if there's a way I could re-tension the spring or adjust something soez that it stays shut.

No, I'm not complaining about a weak spring, as with the MacBook Pros, I'm complaining about maybe a spastic spring that just can't be subdued.

Is there any chance the magnets that hold it shut are weak?

2. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

We need more well written amusing posts like these on this forum. It would really lighten up my day. MOAR SERIAL PROBLEMS PLZ!

But seriously, ya might just use some rubber bandz ta keeps it shutties. Cuz, liek, opening it up, liek a surgeon, would be mads hard unless u has mad skills to pay the billz. and then, like finding the magnets man? epic hard.

3. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

-.-'

Then be excused my english* Besides the point*

4. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Or you can always take it to an Apple Store to see what they will tell you there.;)

5. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I forgot to include that in my opening post.

The Apple genius said the effect of the screen was negligible and to please pull my pants back up.

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

They should really make an SNL skit like this. :p

Seriously though, you should go back to the Apple Store and explain your concern in more detail, and maybe speak with a manager. If it really is as bad as you make it seem they should be fixing it for you. You could also try contacting AppleCare and see if they can help you out if the store still refuses.

7. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Ok I've gotten off the phone just now, not sure how I ended up on top of it but that's besides the point. Also I called Apple (1-800-my-apple, how easy to remember) and after spending a good half hour having a pleasant chat with this representative named Carol (*sigh* Carol....:eek:) she has told me this is not a defect and that it doesn't interfere with the operation or "experience" of the machine. (*SIGH* Carol! :mad:)

So, in lieu of totally suing the grapes off Apple's bottom I'm offering one last chance to right this wrong!

I'll leave this post lingering around until some-clever-body finds out how to retention the hinges or something to that effect.:D

But this isn't over, Jobs, not by a long shot! D8<

8. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Can you take it into an :apple: store and show them the problem and see what they say...

9. XYZed macrumors newbie

10. tshort macrumors regular

Seconded...

Or buy a big-azz rubba-band.

11. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I'd be asking to speak to a manager somewhere on this - this is not good.

12. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

^
    Cheeto haters... you know precisely who to blame!

[Don't blame mama. She was unwilling to the end. Oh mama... mama you'd be so proud! D'X ]