Macbook life tips

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Casey01, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Casey01 macrumors member

So I'm finally getting a Macbook for school! I'm so happy to finally get an Apple computer, I've used 'em before and I love 'em!
    I just want some tips on how to extend the Macbooks life to last as long as possible. Name things I can do, etc. It would be much appreciated. :D :apple: :apple: :apple:

Also what not to do/to do's would be nice. Just any help. :D

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Use it and don't replace it. That way it lasts as long as you're willing to keep it.

3. Casey01 thread starter macrumors member

If it's that easy then this makes getting a mac even better. Windows is good, I just hate all the problems that come with it. Another question. Is it okay to buy a Macbook(MBP) off ebay? or should I just go with the Apple store. Because I see MBPs going for around $700 so either there's a pretty markup on the price or the MPBs on ebay are crappy.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Buy a refurb to save money. MBPs on eBay are likely older models and thus are no longer under warranty. I would recommend AppleCare so it's covered for 3 years in case of hardware failure. Also, keep it away from any liquids. I see threads nearly everyday where people have spilled something on their laptops.

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Asking whether or not to buy a computer through an eBay seller is like asking if it's OK to buy a jacket at the mall. You just have to be sure of what you are buying and who you are buying it from.

I purchased my MBP from a seller using eBay and I'm very happy, however others have not been. I also purchased a refurb and have no complaints there either. You can find plenty of threads discussing all of this. :)

6. Casey01 thread starter macrumors member

Okay thank you guys! It's nice to see a that the Apple Community is a nice one. AS for the liquid next to Laptop, I though that was common sense.

7. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Like others have said, just use your mac and you'll be totally fine my friend. Don't get all worried about the small stuff that all the others do. And yes, a refurb machine and applecare would be the best bang for your buck. Considering the machine is in like new condition for cheaper, and then applecare on top of that, and you're just over the cost of a brand new machine :) very cost effective if you ask me haha, that's what I wish I would have done