Macbook life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kylep6190, Nov 7, 2007.

1. kylep6190 macrumors member

I will be getting a Macbook soon as I will be going to college next year, which will be a great switch from my 4 year old POS dell desktop. I am pretty sure I am going to get the blackbook and buy 4GB RAM seperately after I work for some more money, since I will have to work all winter to save up enough. But I am wondering, how long do your Macbooks last? My brother has a dell that is barely 3 years old and is just about to die. If I am going to spend $1700+ on a computer, I want it to at least get me through college. How many years do you think this will last, spending a little on upgrading along the way?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

If a macbook can't last you through four years of college it isn't the computers problem :)

As I am sure a lot of the people who have been around this forum much longer than me can tell you macs are very resilient as long as you understand that they are breakable and don't do anything stupid. I got my macbook in January and have had zero problems with it what-so-ever, which might not sound like much, but considering how long it took my old hp to take a nose-dive (a whopping 2 months) its lasting forever.

Anyways, like a lot of things, if you take care of it properly it will last as long as you need it to.