MacBook Linking

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jmfalcon7, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Jmfalcon7 macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I have two MacBook computers, and was wondering if it is possible to link the two computers in such a way that they will function almost like a dual monitor. As in, I can move the mouse from one screen directly into the other, drag windows from one computer to the other, and so on. If anyone has any ideas or solutions, let me know. Ideally, I would like a way to do this via Bluetooth, but anything that works would be great!

-Jmfalcon7

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

3. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

http://www.screenrecycler.com/home.html

^^ As close as you are going to get. You won't be able to combine the power of two MacBooks to make a super MacBook with 8GB of RAM, and a 4Ghz Quad core processor, but I'm sure you already knew that ;)

4. Jmfalcon7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, although it would be awesome, I knew making a super computer wouldn't be possible. :)

Any other ideas would be much appreciated!

5. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Doing it over bluetooth wouldn't be possible as the bandwidth is far too low but a similar solution could be done over ethernet/wireless. It would only increase a few tasks which applications are designed for it but you could try Xgrid. There is some way to get it to work on the client versions of OS X.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Here's an app that will do nearly EXACTLY what you're looking for. Sorry I didn't suggest it earlier I feel pretty dumb. I've even had this installed on my machine for more than a year. :rolleyes: You just can't drag one window from one to the other.

http://abyssoft.com/software/teleport/

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Synergy allows you to control one computer with another (shared controls), but AFAIK there isn't anything to get you move windows from computer to computer. It's also cross-platform.