So my wife spilled a coke on her uni body 2008/09 macbook, then unknowingly tried to turn it on. I then removed all power, disassembled and set up a fan and light to see if we could salvage. I do see some corrosion as well on the board. After some passing time we tried to boot up The result: - battery light works - fan tries to spin. - brief flicker of screen - glorious "on" chime - battery indicator works thats about it. The machine was taken to the apple store and we received the 700-800 repair estimate. As with others I am contemplating the following 1. Disassemble again and continue drying out 2. pay the 700 (3 year old machine) 3. scrap and buy a new machine 4. try and fix myself. thoughts, advice, guidance. much appreciated!!!