Macbook loading wrong video driver?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by convert09, Dec 8, 2009.

1. convert09 macrumors member

convert09

Hi! Got my Macbook in April 2009. Now that I'm pretty used to everything I've had this weird problem occur.

I'm not sure if the wrong video driver is loading at boot up or not. The boot up runs fine. The color is perfect on the space background as I type in my name and then as my personal background loads the photo looks perfect and after a few seconds the whole screen becomes super contrasty :eek: with little to no color gradations where they should be. I've searched the forum here and haven't been able to find any similar instance. :confused: I'm using Spaces and all desktops appear equally as bad though I'm taking an educated guess that spaces has nothing to do with this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I've run through the system prefs and tried the calibration. Calibration just makes it worse.

Thanks for any help.
    Jim

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Check your Universal Access settings in the control panel (System Preferences). Sounds like grayscale or contrast is set to On.

3. convert09 thread starter macrumors member

convert09

Thank you!:D That did it and you saved me a trip to the Apple store today. All I can think of is I must've inadvertently slid the contrast slider over to near maximum setting, but I can't recall having done that. I'm only 48 and my mind seems to be going fast. :)

For all the problems I read about Apple computers in this, and other forums I gotta say that in the nine months I've owned this machine I really believe it runs better than any of my Windoze machines (and I really liked XP). Any issue I've had have been of my own doing and fixes have been straight forward and simple to do.

What REALLY converted me to Mac was in my third month with this computer I reinstalled the OS. I've NEVER had a Windoze OS install/re-install go as smoothly as OS X.

Again, THANKS.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc