Macbook Logic board

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wadeos, Apr 2, 2011.

1. wadeos macrumors newbie

Well the last few weeks my macbook had been randomly freezing etc, one morning i turned it on and it took 10 minutes to boot up. So i thought something was up so i done a backup of my laptop. Then a couple of days later i turn it on and no apple symbol comes up, no chime the light on the front comes up and nothing. I turned it off and tried again still nothing. I have been looking around on the internet and other people with the same problem say that its the logic board. So im looking at getting a replacement logic board. I have a mid 2007 macbook and my question is that will a late 2007 or newer logicboard fit and work in my macbook ?

Thanks.

2. movieboy23 macrumors regular

It may not be a bad logic board. It may be a failing hard drive, which would be significantly better news. Take the machine into an Apple Store or an Authorized Apple Service Provider and have them run a hardware diagnostics to figure out which component is bad.

3. wadeos thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping that was the case, but ive allready tryed another hdd in my macbook.. but still dead :(