Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceezy3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
The Valley!!
so i was having problems with my black macbook the one before the aluminum macbooks, so i took it in to the apple store and they said it was a logicboard problem, so does that mean theyll be switching it with the new logicboards?

nmonti

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2008
If by new logic board you mean the logic boards in the current aluminum macbook then the answer is no. Apple will replace your current logic board with the same model.

ceezy3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
The Valley!!
If by new logic board you mean the logic boards in the current aluminum macbook then the answer is no. Apple will replace your current logic board with the same model.
but i also heard i could trade in theold logicboard for a new one for a fee

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
but i also heard i could trade in theold logicboard for a new one for a fee
The logic board is not interchangeable between the old and the new macbook.
Differn CPU, different graphics, different ram, no firewire.. and more. So no you wont be getting the new version.
You will be getting a replacement of what is in there now.

Some people have got their whole macbook replaced with the new unibodys, but dont get your hopes up.

nmonti

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2008
Well design wise the boards in the newer whitebook should fit, as far as upgrading the board for a fee, I've never heard of that. You'd be better off checking with your local apple store though. Best of luck.

ceezy3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
The Valley!!
The logic board is not interchangeable between the old and the new macbook.
Differn CPU, different graphics, different ram, no firewire.. and more. So no you wont be getting the new version.
You will be getting a replacement of what is in there now.

Some people have got their whole macbook replaced with the new unibodys, but dont get your hopes up.
yea but the whitemacbook has a new logicboard

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
As far as I can tell, no one has reported getting their logicboard switched with one from the latest white MacBook. You could ask however.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
It is not going to happen - if you get a Core Duo MacBook fixed under AppleCare you will get a Core Duo logicboard as a replacement....

Anyway the white usb and headphone sockets would look silly on a BlackBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.