MacBook love... for anyone trying to decide...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LeanneStewart, Dec 12, 2008.

1. LeanneStewart macrumors newbie

Hello, I watch these forums all the time and when it was time to decide which laptop to get when we needed a 2nd one I had a hard time finding threads of positives about the new MacBooks. Now that I have made up my mind and purchased one I just want to let anyone who is trying to decide between this laptop and something else that it is a wonderful computer. I have no issues at all with mine, it is perfect. I hate that others have had a hard time finding one that didn't have a defect.

I got the 2.4 and it plays the Sims 2 for Mac like a dream (the only game I play) and I love it.

I just wanted to send some love its way in the midst of all the problems people are having.

Thanks for listening,
    Leanne

:apple:
    Alu MacBook 2.4
    White MacBook 2.16
    iMac 2.16
    iPhone 16GB
    iPod Classic 120GB
    iPod Nano 2nd Gen 8GB

2. Heimlich macrumors member

aww very cute.
    I don't have a Macbook. I want one. And yeah I read alot of threads about how Macbooks have alot of defects and how some owners had to exchange multiple times to get a good one. Doesn't scare me that much though... i think..

3. MacDuck macrumors member

Glad to hear you got a MacBook. My wife just ended up selling her old CD 1.8 MacBook and getting a new unibody 2.0 MB. What an upgrade!

She is a photographer and will be doing light editing and general office applications on it. I have yet to put CS3 on it, but I suspect it will run well.

The only downside, which I am sure you have read is the lack of firewire, but we already have a MacPro for the heavy duty editing and scratch disks.

We picked up the MacBook on MacMall before Thanksgiving with rebates. Couldn't be happier. I am waiting on upgrading the RAM until the 4GB issues are resolved, and will be swapping out the hard drive for a WD 320 or new 500 7200 RPM.

The glass trackpad is taking some getting used to, but I like it anyway.

I own a SR MBP and have compared the screens (both LED). With some calibration, they look pretty similar (the MB screen is an LG I believe.)

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

4. StuBeck macrumors 6502

Apple did finally put a half decent LCD into the new MB's. Personally I'm not going to get a MB again (may get one of the older MBP's without the glossy screen) but they are better machines.

5. maladroit macrumors member

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what'd she end up getting for her old CD MB?

6. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I just got a new MacBook (2GHz) today to compliment my 20" iMac.

It's just so fun to use. Prior to the iMac I was using a MacBook Pro as my primary machine, and ever since getting the iMac I missed being able to be portable. Well now that problem is solved! I feel like I finally have a great balance.

I plan to use the iMac as my main machine for all my photo editing and graphics intensive stuff (bigger screen, faster everything, firewire (yay).

But really, for a portable machine, this is maybe the best feeling 13" notebook I've ever experienced. It's ridiculously solid (I can try and create some bend or give when pushing on the case but experience none), very snappy, very thin and light.

Really, I couldn't be happier.

The only small beef I have is that the trackpad is taking some getting used to, but I'm sure I'll pick it up in no time.

7. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I can honestly admit that I am IN love with my MacBook.
    I love carrying it around in my amazing Incase. When I go to Starbucks or the food courts of malls and I pull it out, I LOVE when I know people are staring at me with envy. muhaha!! :D

I use to have a Gateway Desktop and well I started to hate it and I wanted a MacBook for soooooo long. So I sorta lied to my parents that I broke my computer and I was fed up with it so.. after weeks of asking and begging, we finally went to Apple and I never smiled SO big when the girl brought out my beautiful 2.4 MacBook and printer and applecare and incase.

PEOPLE, MY MACBOOK IS MY LIFE.
    :D

8. golfgod130 macrumors newbie

golfgod130

Thanks You

I have been eying the Aluminum Macbooks for a while and I am finelly getting one after exams. All I have seen on MacRumors is bad, bad, and more bad. Do people think Apple is perfect? No there not. Apple is a company that wants to make money and with that in mind can't create a super computer for $1200. Its not possible to do that and make a prophit. Apple makes excellent computers that are very attractive and work well. There might be better computers out there but either fork out the $$$ and get a Macbook Pro/ any other computer thats better or buy it. Simple as that.

9. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Very cool, I'm glad you like yours as much as I like mine :)

I have the new Macbook and I love it!! Everyone complains about something.

10. golfgod130 macrumors newbie

golfgod130

True

Very true Prime. but if your going to complain about every thing on the computer don't get that computer! That seems like a given to me...

11. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

Must be nice.
    I wish I could just beg my parents and get that kinds of stuff for free.
    I paid full cash for my iPhone, and after Christmas I'm buying my Blackbook.

12. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Getting this computer was one of the best decisions I have ever made! I would recommend it to anybody!

13. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Even though I really liked new MBs when I saw them in store (none had any sort of defects btw), I'd still take a classic MBP over it ^^

14. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

It seriously took me months to finally decide to splurge on myself and get that Macbook! And it's been a great decision so far! No regrets. My Macbook is much better than I anticipated.

15. Roadking macrumors 6502

I really like my new one as well.

The only thing i am disappointed with is the screen. But I can live with it. Watching movies is really only when I notice how bad it is. And I only do that when I am stuck in a hotel and don't have access to another dvd player.

Other than that I have been very happy with it. I use this 2.4 Macbook more than my 2.5 Macbook Pro.

16. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

And I'm sure Jesus is smiling upon you right now.

17. hartattack macrumors newbie

hartattack

HAH! I have to pay them back every penny. I work for everything that i own.

18. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Same here and now looking back I'm glad I had to pay for everything. it taught me to save up.