Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
I got my 13" Unibody stolen a couple of weeks ago. It was in my Targus bag so i still have the software for it at home. I bought the Unibody refurbed and it came with 2 discs, one that says, "MacBook Mac OS X Install DVD...Replacement DVD.." and the second disc, "MacBook Applications Install DVD...Replacement DVD".

I used them on my Unibody before it was stolen to do a clean install, basically the first disc is Leopard and the second is iLife 08. What I am wondering is are the discs tied to my particular Macbook model or can I use them to install onto other Macs say such as my moms iMac? Or are they basically garbage now?

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
Thanks a lot guys :D

I figured that might be the case.

Now as far as being the same model how much of the same model are we talking? I had a 2GHz base model Unibody purchased in November 08. Does the other Macbook have to be from the same purchase date and have the exact specs or will they work on any 13" unibody macbook?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I'm pretty sure it would just have to be a Late 2008 MacBook, and not the exact same specs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.