Macbook, Macbook Air, vs. PC?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Adamapple, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Adamapple macrumors member

I have been doing quite a bit of video editing using Adobe Premiere CC. Piecing together videos, etc. Most of my HD videos are taking around 1hr to export. Yes, they are HD, and about an 1hr in length. I have a Mid '13 MacBook Air and I also use a Dell Gaming Laptop (yes for games :)) ... it's high end.

Here is my question. I cannot stand using the PC for anything other than gaming. I'm looking for a Apple Laptop that I can do my editing on. Will the new MacBook be a good upgrade for this? I would look at the Pro, but I don't think my budget can go that far.

Ideas???

Summary: Don't want to use the PC for editing although it's more powerful. What are my options for a Apple Laptop that can beat out my '13 MacBook Air? Cannot afford a Pro ...

2. Altis macrumors 68020

MacBook Pro is really the only option above the Air for Apple laptops.

With any luck, there will be some new ones coming out in the near future.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

From the reviews I have seen online, video editing on a MacBook only seems worthwhile if you are prepared to invest in Final Cut Pro. The software is lighter and better optimised for Macs, allowing you to export videos in lesser time.

Alternatively, you may want to consider just purchasing Final Cut Pro and using it on your existing Air. It wouldn't have all the bells and whistles of Adobe premiere, but it might just have enough to suffice for your needs.