MacBook & MacBook Pro Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jeremybuff, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jeremybuff macrumors regular

Maybe I am an idiot (which is entire plausible), but I haven't been able to locate a good thread about MacBook and MacBook Pro cases. My girlfriend and I just bought a MacBook and Macbook Pro, respectively. We are both looking for cheap ($50-100), quality cases. I'm not talking about carrying cases, but the "fit-around" type.

Searching Google doesn't seem to yield any solid leads, except for ColorWare (link), which costs an assinine $500. I know about invisibleSHIELD (link), which is fine with me, but my girlfriend is looking for a colored case, particular (you guessed it), pink.

Out of those who have a MBP and/or MB, what cases have you used or currently used? Any recommendations? Like I said, I want to stay around $50-100, otherwise I would have spent that money further upgrading the Mac.

Thanks!

Jeremy

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

InCase and Speck make hardshell covers for unibody MacBooks and MBPs.

Colorware is a painting service, not a case manufacturer.

4. Chic0 macrumors 6502

5. jeremybuff thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. The links have been very helpful. In regards to the booqbag, I have already picked one of those up but I was looking for more of a "stick on" case, almost like the invisible shield, yet colored. I'll look around more, bound to find it out there somewhere. Thanks again!

Jeremy

6. wbyung macrumors member

I'd like to find a case that I can basically unzip and use the laptop? What is that called?

I'm non-native speaker and I don't know if it's a sleeve or a case or something else.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's a sleeve, such as the booq Vyper M2:

[​IMG]