MacBook/MacBook Pro Motherboard Pics?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grandmaster, Jan 26, 2008.

1. grandmaster macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Are there any pics online showing each of the current revisions of the MB/MBP's motherboards?

Are the CPUs still soldered in as per the original Core 2 notebooks?

I'm considering a customisation project but before I potentially spend thousands of pounds on the hardware, I need a peek inside ;)

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Here are some shots of my SR MBP mobo... note the horrid amounts of thermal paste :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally with the proper amount of paste:

[​IMG]

3. grandmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

www.ifixit.com has excellent diagrams for dismantling the Core notebooks but nothing on the Santa Rosa units. Are the optical drive and hard disk located in the same place on the Santa Rosa MB and MBPs?

4. grandmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

Yes, at least on the MacBook they seem to be. And based on what that other guys MacBook Pro pics looked like, it would be the same as well. At least close enough for government work anyway.

6. grandmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Would I be right in assuming that the optical drive is ATA and not SATA? And what are those cables attached to the SATA drive, aside from the ribbon connected to the motherboard?

7. TheStu macrumors 65816

The optical drive is ATA not SATA, so you got that one right. As for the cables on the hard drive, if you are referring to the MacBook Pro, those are for things like the bluetooth and the IR sensor I believe.