Macbook, Macbook Pro, or iMac please HELP!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IYR575, Aug 27, 2010.

1. IYR575 macrumors newbie

So I have this laptop which is a two year old laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) so it's about to die and before it does I am putting it up for sale. This was my third experience with a PC and really all the rest were the same I spend more than 500 dollars on repairs for this laptop warranty never covered anything as well as the rest of my PC's. So I decided that it was enough I had spent way too much money on PC's from buying antiviruses to cleaning software etc... My dad bought a new Macbook a few month ago he really isn't into computers and he found it really easy to use and loves it so I decided I should get myself a Mac. Now the problem I am having is that I can't seem to decide between a 13 inch Macbook, 13 inch Macbook Pro or a 21.5 inch iMac the base models. I am mostly gonna use the Mac for Adobe Photoshop and graphic designing. I will mostly use dreamweaver and photoshop. I will also run about 2 to 3 applications at a time. I will also play some light games from time to time like the Sims 3 and Civilization. Can the Macbook or the Pro handle that? or should I go with a iMac? My problem with a iMac is portability and privacy. If I get a iMac I will place it on my desk and almost everyone who comes in the room or sits on the couch can see what I am doing. Secondly if I get a iMac I won't use it as much due to the lack of portability but the reason I am stuck is because the iMac is one powerful machine and the macbook might not handle all those applications. All I have is a 1200 dollars if I get the macbook I will get a iPod touch the ones being released this september if I get the pro I would have spent all my money on it. What do you think I should get its gonna be for graphic designs?:apple:

2. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Get the MBP with the student discount and voucher for iPod; the special will end before the new iPods are available. For your desk work get a 24" LCD in the future ($200), along with a keyboard/mouse.

3. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

With those games I wouldn't recommend either the MacBook or MBP13. MBP15, MBP17 or iMac. Period. And of course, at the price of the MBP15 and/or 17 you can get a decently equipped iMac at the expense of portability.

Your choice. If portability is appealing, if I were you, I'd go for the 15" MBP with high res screen. If portability doesn't mean anything to you, go for the iMac. If all you've got is $1200 though...