Macbook/Macbook Pro or iMac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cody.knownflame, Dec 22, 2007.

1. cody.knownflame macrumors newbie

Ok, I really want the ability to be able to move around rather than be grounded to one room, but I also want to not have to connect a whole lot of stuff. I was planning on getting a wireless keyboard and mouse and a display(if I got a laptop) and possibly speakers. I just dont want to have to plug in all sorts of stuff into my laptop before even beginning to use it. Thats why the iMac would be great. Not a lot of plugging in. So, should I get a iMac or Macbook/Macbook Pro?

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

well you need to make up your mind as to what is more important, portability or a large screen. once that is figured then you might be able to make a better decision

3. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

You still have to plug all these in to an iMac, you just don't get to take it anywhere.

4. cody.knownflame thread starter macrumors newbie

well I guess I really want portability. Would it be a hassle pugging all that stuff in?

5. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

hmmm....

a weird question actually...
    the question you need to answer is: do you need to be portable? if yes, go with a laptop if not get an iMac.
    as for your connecting peripherals problem...just get a usb hub and you won't have to connect too much...maybe even get some good quality firewire speakers (lacie) and you're good to go.

6. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Get a USB hub and leave it all plugged in there... besides the monitor... then you just have to plug 1 thing and 1 thing only. That'll make it easier... I have a Macbook personally but I loved my iMac's large screen... but my MB kick's it's ass.

7. cody.knownflame thread starter macrumors newbie

oh, I didn't even think about a usb hub. sweet thanks for the info.

8. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Less of a hassle than not being able to take your computer anywhere. It takes me about ten seconds to hook my computer up.

9. cody.knownflame thread starter macrumors newbie

10. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

and also there are docking things available for the macbook i remember...
    not quite sure what the name of those things were but i think something like bookendz....

i recall them being quite expensive though...

11. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Get a MacBook Pro, put it on a shelf, hook everything up, have the external display keyboard and mouse on your desk, and run it with the lid closed.

12. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I personally use the belkin 4 port usb hub and really like it.
    if ur interested here is a personal review about the hub.