Macbook Macbook Pro Software Update 1.1 won't install.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gapagos, Dec 26, 2007.

1. gapagos macrumors newbie

I have an OS X 10.5.1 and every day, OS X tells me that the Macbook Macbook Pro Software Update version 1.1 is available for install.
    Description:
    "This update addresses a responsiveness issue on MacBook and MacBook Pro notebook computers. Some MacBook and MacBook Pro systems may occasionally experience a temporary suspension of keyboard input which can last a minute or longer. The Mac OS X 10.5.1 update is required before installing the MacBook, MacBook Pro Software Update 1.1."

It tells me I need to restart to install the update, and I accept, so it logs me off and it installs the update (supposedly sucessfully) however, the next day (or even the same day if I check for available updates again) the same update is still available, and os X still wants me to (re)install it as if I never installed it before. :confused:

I tried installing this update 4 times already, without sucess, it's always showing up again.

A few other info in my situation:

- I have a Macbook 2ghz 1gb Intel mac with Leopard native.
    - I have bootcamp installed on a FAT32 partition, however the problem occurs even when I set OS X as the default boot disk.
    - I need Windows to use a Spanish-learning program only available for Windows. Removing Bootcamp is not an option.

A few other issues that I have with my Macbook:
    - When I hold the "option" button during boot, only the Mac drive shows up, I don't know why. My only method of booting into Windows is by setting the windows disk as defaut startup disk.
    - I noticed sometimes that my Macbook boots with the time set incorrectly. I don't know why.

Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

---
    Gapagos
    www.gapagos.com

2. zdroshnya macrumors newbie

Having the same problem

Did you already find any solution?

Miguel

3. gapagos thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, still not resolved :-(

Although I wasn't very active lately, I was skiing in Mont Saint-Sauveur, QC :)

---
    Gapagos
    www.gapagos.com

4. bterburg macrumors newbie

5. gapagos thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm funny this thread still shows up in google results.

Anyway, the issue fixed itself on its own last month.

I don't know what happened but I guess apple fixed it in another update :)

---
    Gapagos
    www.gapagos.com