MacBook Magnets Above The Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RaMaz, May 26, 2007.

1. RaMaz macrumors regular

RaMaz

well today i had my MacBook on my desk, open leaning in against my CRT Monitor for my PC A G4 mini,

i turned on the CRT, and left the room, came back and i moved my Macbook and i saw 2 huge black marks on the CRT, then i realized the magnets in my MacBook caused that. I Turned it off, then back on, and now you can still kind of see black marks on it.

so this is a "Heads Up!" for all you MacBook owners,

Don't Put Your MacBook Near CRTs
    :apple:

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I did the same thing. ...But a degauss fixed it.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Usually it should resolve itself fairly quickly. This is why they made a big deal about putting shielding in computer and home theater speakers. When people just started putting regular stereo speakers next to their CRT screen, they were less than pleased. ;)

4. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

i sometimes notice that at school, i have an infotech class and they have crappy old eMacs so i just use my own computer, but i still have to set my computer in front of the eMacs.

I never notice permanent changes in the color though:confused:

5. RaMaz thread starter macrumors regular

RaMaz

actually, i also use my computer (MacBook) instead of my schools crappy IBMS and i also had my MB in front of the IBM.... But it was for an art class, i was using PhotoShop CS3 Beta.

and i always sat in front of the borken IBM, so the CRT was off.

The Project was to take pictures and filter them and just play with them.

I Was done in 30 seconds,

I just Opend PhotoBooth, and took 4 pictures with effects on them :D :apple: