Macbook maintenance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apple.fan, Sep 21, 2010.

1. apple.fan macrumors member

apple.fan

Hi,

I dont know mutch about computers so i need to know what should i clean in my macbook pro.

I have the softwares like Onyx, TechTool Pro, Drive Genius, Deeper and Maintenance but dont know really how to used them.

Whats important to cleaan and rebuild?

Apreciate all the help.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you experience any problems that need you to take steps?

Mac OS X has its own internal maintenance, done daily, weekly and monthly.

If you don't have any problems right now, just leave those applications alone, especially if you don't know how to use them. You could however take a look at the documentation or help or manuals of those applications to find out yourself.

3. apple.fan thread starter macrumors member

apple.fan

No, i dont have any problem to be fixed but i was a pc user until recently and costum to clean a lot of things so it can work well. but if now i dont have to do that, mutch better thanks for your help. :)

4. moel macrumors 6502

Welcome to an easier way of life!

We see it all day every day, people thinking they have to do stuff because they did it on Windoze..and all I can say is, it's the main reason windows is so unbelievably rubbish.

5. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Ditto to the above, and congrats on your low-maintenance purchase :D. I went from doing just about an hr/week of maintenance on my Sony Vaio, to about an hr/YEAR servicing TWO macbooks. My maintenance just consists of verifying/repairing disk permissions and occasionally resetting the PRAM. Apple makes awesome, awesome computers.