Macbook makes a click when put on surface

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by v66jack, May 20, 2009.

1. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

My Macbook is just over a week old and when I put it down onto a surface it makes a click noise which sounds to come from either the superdrive or somewhere around there! It sounds like a mechanical noise not something from the speakers! Is this normal or should I get it looked at?

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Maybe something is loose on the case, you might want to take it to a genius bar just in case.

3. philipxz macrumors regular

philipxz

Or, it could just be the: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1935.

Mine does that sometimes. Even if it's not falling. It's just super sensitive I guess. Try jerking it. If it makes the same sound as you are hearing when you are setting it on a table then it is the SMS.

DISCLAIMER: You don't have to do it. I'm just suggesting.

4. Yodgee macrumors member

Sometimes when i hear a click its just me pushing my fingers of my left hand on the hinge to open the back of the UMB. Might be the same for you

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Mine mines a very mild click if I lift or tilt the laptop fairly quickly...haha

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Are you sure it's not your battery cover? I would check that.

I'm with you on that one. Same thing happening here.

7. v66jack thread starter macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I just tried shaking it and the click happens twice and then doesn't happen again! I guess if you all have the same issue its something in the design not my MB!!:D

8. Toofan macrumors member

If it's an aluminum macbook, hold you macbook in your hands while it's closed. Tap the bottom of the macbook (battery case) on both the left and right side. Are you sure this isn't the light "mechanical" click you are hearing? Even a fraction of a mm with metal hitting metal will make a click sound.