Macbook making funny sounds

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mac'in'toss'ed, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mac'in'toss'ed macrumors member

Hey guys,
    I just had my MB SR making funny noises. This happened especially when i minimised my stacks bar, and there were a kind of rattling sound coming from the mb. And when I expanded the stack it dissapeared and this continued for many times.
    Any ideas??? what it could be???:confused:
    Thanks
    M'i...

2. Quint macrumors member

The first thing you should do is make sure that you are backing up all of your data in case there is a problem with the hard drive.
    Then you need to determine where the sound is coming from. Is it a sound effect coming from the speakers? Adjust volume and use headset/external speakers to determine.
    Put your ear close to the case and try to determine what area the sound is coming from - bottom left, top right, display, etc.
    Let us know what you find out.

3. mac'in'toss'ed thread starter macrumors member

Hi Quint,
    Thanks bro, for the suggestion. Yes it is somewhat worrying. So I should backup data as soon as possible. COuld this be an isolated event??? I should lookout for the same happening again. If it happens again, i am covered by UK-HE Apple care plan and I think i should address the issue to the apple guys and send the comp to the apple people.
    Recently one adminitrative account was deleted for some reason and i had to reformat as suggested by an apple expert in my institute...!!!!
    Mac'in'...