Macbook Marinated (Always the Logic Board?)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ntrigue, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

As suggested the 1.83GHz C2D sat in liquid overnight. It was closed and at least 8 ounces went over the top and then formed a puddle underneath.

My girlfriend had given up on this and just had it under the bed. I was thinking of fixing it more as a hobby than anything. Is it a lost cause? Should I buy the 2.0 C2D board?

Thanks!

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I feel like I'm missing some background here.

In either case, pop 'er open (the macbook, not the gf :eek:). Rubbing alcohol liberally applied with q-tips solve a lot of spill issues.

3. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I do not understand what you just said. Was it sitting in steak marinated? How was it sitting in liquid?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

These threads always remind me of the Puppy PC.

[​IMG]

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Oh, that's good! :eek::D

6. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

I used to have one of those old Sony VAIOs.

I, too, often felt a desire to take a whiz on it...

7. vniow macrumors G4

Always? No, about 95% of the time though. You can replace the logic board without too much trouble assuming you're pretty technical, its not as difficult as say, an iBook or something. Trouble is with liquid spills its not always the logic board that gets fried, the DC-in board, the battery connector/sleep switch can get corrupted are just a couple of the other things which can go wrong in a spill like that.

8. ntrigue thread starter macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I asked her why she was shopping for a new computer and she explained that someone at a party had knocked a drink on it and not cleaned it up. She didn't notice until the next morning. I was hoping to save it?