Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
Hi just wondering, i just qualified of 250 posts so i can post in the Marketplace.
But as im a noob; i really have no clue where this marketplace is!

Can someone please direct me there?

Cheers, any input is a really big help!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You also need to be a member for 6 months, so you still have to wait

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Read the Forum FAQ:
Once you reach 100 or 250 posts, you may not immediately be able to post in these forums. The privilege is added automatically when the forum system does routine processing, so check again in a few hours. The delay is normal, so please do not contact us to report it as a problem on the same day that you reach 100 or 250 posts. When you first gain access to the Marketplace forum, you will see it in the Community section of the forums.
And the Forum Rules:
Eligibility. To use the Marketplace forum (read threads, start threads, or post replies), you must be a forum member with user title 6502 or above, which means that you have 250 or more posts as displayed in your User Profile. This gives other members a chance to become familiar with you. To see your User Profile, click Quick Links -> My Profile at the top of a forum page. You must also have been a member for at least 180 days.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
You will be eligible for access to the Marketplace some time around Feb 8th 2011. Hang in there. :)

Reelknead1

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
I'm still working towards the 250 goal. From people that have access to it, are there good items for sale usually?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
From people that have access to it, are there good items for sale usually?

There's a good mixture of stuff. Tends to be a marketplace of informed and occasionally exacting buyers and sellers, though... so bargains tend to be a little rarer than perhaps some other places.

brobson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Dallas
marketplace

I really like it because even though ebay is cheaper, people here don't want to risk their selling/buying reputations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.