Macbook may 2008

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac Donald Duck, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Mac Donald Duck macrumors newbie

MACBOOK may 2008 restyle:

Every six mounth Apple refresh Macbook so;
    Let's see how new macbook would be:

- only 2 choice, price based on different hd capacity and on different CPU speed
    - New chassis in aluminium like macbook pro (apple now use only aluminium, no more white or black MB)
    - New dimensions and weight with new aluminium chassis MB will became thinner(from 2.79 to 2,59cm like MBP) and lighter (from 2.27 kg to 1.90Kg--->2,10kg the range of the new weight)
    - New trackpad like MBAir
    - New Led Lcd Panel(they use the same size in MB Air)
    - Illuminated keyboard same as MBair
    - New Intel Penryn Processors 2 speed avaiable: Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1GHz 3MB 800MHz ,Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz 3MB 800MHz
    - 120gb 5400rpm hd in the basic model and 160gb 5400 rpm in the second
    - 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) in all MB (no more an option)
    - 2gb of ddr2 ram 667mhz pc5300
    - Office 2008 trial included instead of office 2004
    - Price: 1099,00 usd for the basic model 1299,00 for the second.

there would be a Possibility that Apple in may/june 2008 will launch MB with new Montevina tecnology(according to intel),instead of a simple Santarosa refresh, let's see how MB will be improved in this case:

-New Graphic Processor Intel x4500 (dx10 support)
    -Wimax
    -Extended Performance
    -Extended Battery Life
    -FULL FSb of 1006 with ddr3 memory support
    -Reduced Form Factor (weight and Height reduced)
    -Turbo Memory 2.0
    -Intel AMT 4.0
    -Intel VT-x e VT-d
    -Core 2 Duo T9600 (2.8GHz, 6MB and 35W), T9400 (2.53GHz, 6MB and 35W), P9500 (2.53GHz, 6MB and 25W)

i hope this analysis can be useful and interesting,

discuss!

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

I wouldn't be surprised if they left the Back lit keyboard or Multitouch trackpad to the MBP/MBA...because they need something to differentiate the MBA and the MB. If they are exactly the same aside from optical drive and thiness...I doubt many people would pay $600 more for less. So Apple, if Apple adds Back lit keyboard to the MB, I'd be surprised.

But don't get me wrong, I'd love to have back lit keyboard for the Macbooks. That, LED screens, and Alu case is what I'm looking forward to.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

so, MDD you basically just described a macbook pro with a smaller screen and no dedicated graphics...yeah im sure apple is going to sell that for a grand less than the pro:rolleyes:

and theres no chance apple will move the macbooks to Montevina until at least fall

4. Mac Donald Duck thread starter macrumors newbie

and

you both right but MB and MBP are in different Market location for Apple:
    apple with MB want to kill the casual and students PC market

MBP will have a significant improvement too and differs from MB in:

- Powerful cpu's
    - Nvidia Video Card
    - more HD capacity at 7200 rpm
    - 4 gb ram (in 2008 refresh)

MBPro models are designed for professional use
    MB models are for student and casual
    MBAir is thinked for Businessman, Professors and Lecturers

Montevina is hard (but so fascinating) in may there is much probability of a simple santarosa refresh with penryn and new aluminium chassis with Montevina in November 2008

5. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

I think with the launch of the MBA has made people get the wrong impression about the entry level MacBook. The regular MacBook is entry level. It's a budget computer. The MacBook Air is the ultraportable of the MBP line. The MacBook will always stay different. You're dreaming if the MacBook is going to go MBA/MBP on you.

I have a feeling that when the MB refresh comes out, more people will be buying the MBA.

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i really don t see mba as an ultraportable mbp, more like an "ultraportable" MB

7. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

Maybe on the surface yes because of the specs, but think about the price range, the design, the SSD option, the new chip, the new trackpad, LED, higher standard ram. I think the MBA is the ultraportable MBP.

8. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yeah i guess i see your point...

9. Mac Donald Duck thread starter macrumors newbie

umh no,
    macbook 2008 innovation are all features present in MBP since last year so apple now can introduce new feat on MBP and introduce old feat like backlit keyboard on Macbook.

MBA is focused on portability not on hardware power like MBP, the price of MBA is determined by its flatness not on its hardware performance.

Macbook is not going to go MBA/MBP is simply growing and evolving to be more competive on 2008 pc's market.

10. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

I have no idea what will happen to the MBP, but I HIGHLY doubt the MB will be going MBA/MBP like. Ok so when the MBP changes its true it might get new features that aren't on MBA, but still Apple is not going to be putting MBA features / design onto the MB.

11. Mac Donald Duck thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah right
    MBA must be differnte from MB for obvious reasons
    MacBook will be only refreshed with new apple standard feat.
    Innovations are reserved only to MBP and MBA.
    MB normally is 6 mounth back compared to MBP.

12. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Looks all okay, but the hdd capacity seems to big for that price tag..

13. Mac Donald Duck thread starter macrumors newbie

you right,
    for actual pc market 2007/ 1 half of 2008,
    but the macbook refresh in may 2008 is set for 2008/2009 pc market (only 80gb?? it's meaningless)
    this is the honour of market competition ^^
    new MBP will have its hdd storage capacity increased too.