Macbook&mbox 2

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AntBoogie, Jan 5, 2009.

1. AntBoogie macrumors newbie

I just received my mbox2 yesterday, plugged it into my new macbook with the aliminium shell or whatever and it doesn't seem to be working. I have installed LE in the macbook..nothing is happening..the lights are on indicating something with themics on mbox 2..but thats it.it's saying that now hardware is found when i load the protools up...so whats is happening and what can i do to fix the problem...any questions please ask..im a semi-novice at this so bear with me....thanks for all the help in advance and happy new year to all.

2. rdstone macrumors newbie

Mac Pro (2x2.66 Xeon, 1st gen Core 2 Duo) w/ MBox 2, 10.5.7

I am having a similar issue. What is your OS X version & what is your PT LE version?

You should be able to go to System Preferences and see the MBox Sys Pref on the bottom row. Click it and check the firmware version on the MBox 2 to make sure it's current (see digidesign.com for this, but I think it should be 1.43). If you have lights on the MBox, that's a good sign.

PT 8 must be used for 10.5.5-7.

My PT version is 7.1, so, the last update (10.5.7) screwed me up. However, I reloaded the firmware and installed the stand alone core audio driver. Now, my input gain controls do not work (0 - 5 sound exactly the same - a bit overdriven; beyond 5 is saturation). This is the case in GB and in Amplitube (stand alone version). I'm stumped and can find no support for this on the digidesign site.

Anyone?