MacBook, MBP 13" or MBP 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MIS.Andri, Mar 5, 2010.

1. MIS.Andri macrumors newbie

I am going to buy my very first Mac notebook next week. I need some advice on choosing the right notebook. My notebook candidates are MB, MBP 13" and MBP 15".
    I'll be using it to do my school-works (VB and basic programming, photo and video editing - usually, Flash stuff, and word-processing) and to play games (COD4, Sims 3, and some old games with at least a 2x AA). And I'll be carrying it everywhere with me.
    I've seen some rumors in this forum that a new MBP is going to be released soon and I cant decide whether I should wait or buy a Mac notebook next week. Need opinions ASAP. Thanks for any help guys. :apple:

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

15" sounds like you will be doing a little more than your basic "email, itunes, internet, chat" users. unless you are really small and weak the 15" shouldnt be too bad to carry around and the extra screen real estate makes a big difference. I know because I have the 15" and my girlfriend has the 13" looking at them side by side it's amazing how much of a difference 2" makes. also the screen and resolution is better, and you have the option for the better discrete graphics card. Good luck

3. MIS.Andri thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Really appreciate it. :apple:

Thanks for your opinion. The extra screen is not really in my budget, though. How much is it anyways?

4. MIS.Andri thread starter macrumors newbie

New question: 2.66GHz or the 2.53Ghz 15" MBP, or the 2.53GHz 13" MBP?
    Need opinions.:apple: Thanks.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I meant the extra screen space you get when you go from a 13" to a 15" not an actual extra monitor.