MacBook Memory Upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jesusfreak55, Apr 4, 2008.

1. jesusfreak55 macrumors member

Hey I need to upgrade my macbooks memory and I want to get it up to 3 gigs, it's at 1 right now but it's not up to par, any recommendations for a 2 gig memory upgrade? Also I would like to keep it reasonably priced i'm pressed for upgrade money right now.

2. ceehjayem macrumors regular

Check out newegg.com. They have good deals and very competitive prices there.

3. jesusfreak55 thread starter macrumors member

I've seen some for like $200on newegg and then some for like $40, is quality in the $40 one really that much different than the $200 one?

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I use the guys at OWC... http://eshop.macsales.com/

Great prices, and they will offer to purchase your 1gig stick to give you a matched pair.

5. jesusfreak55 thread starter macrumors member

thanks, i think i will go with one from newegg because i am buying my monitor there and they have some pretty good prices on their 2 gig memory. thanks guys

6. magikcoyote macrumors newbie

if you are in canada, check out ncix.com, it's pretty reliable and ships cheap and fast as hell

just be sure it's compatible with macbook!!

for example, if you buy this one, it won't work on a mac and your computer will crash randomly (thank god I googled it before because I was about to buy this one before seeing there was a mac version)
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18811&vpn=VS1GSDS667D2&manufacture=CORSAIR

you need this one for it to work properly

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=22702&vpn=VSA1GSDS667D2&manufacture=CORSAIR

so its a bit tricky, one is VS1GSDS667D2 and the apple one is VSA1GSDS667D2

oh well, $49 (canadian) is still less expansive than the one on the apple website which is $100

anyway, installed the second one on my macbook pro and it works like a charm

7. dan7592 macrumors regular

You should check out crucial. I just ordered from them last night. I ordered 2 gigs.

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

If you are at 1G right now, you probably have 2X512MB. If you want to upgrade to 3GB you will need to buy 1X1GB and 1X2GB.

9. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

I got four gigs of the Corsair Value Select in our MacBook. Cost right at 100 beans from NewEgg and no problems what-so-ever. I'd buy it again, and most likely will when we get another MacBook next month.

10. jesusfreak55 thread starter macrumors member

do u think that's the case? cause i need to make sure before i order it, i don't want to order it and then realize when it gets here that it won't work