macbook mini dvi to video adapter connected to older tv

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jalinb, Mar 19, 2009.

1. jalinb macrumors newbie

Hey dudes just bought the Mini DVI-to-Video Adapter (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8424387&type=product&id=1181832624342) from bestbuy. Going dvi to composite but it is not working. Occasionally when I mess with the resolutions for both mac and tv the tv will flicker. The tv is an older Apex don't know the model I'm going to say about 5 years old. But when I had a pc I used video out just fine with the tv so I think it should work.

Hopefully it is something I am doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I know it sounds dumb but check that your connections are correct. I don't know how much you can really screw up with that...

3. jalinb thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah everything is hooked up right. I just tried it on my smaller and yet older tv and it flashes lines of black and white. So I think it is too high of a resolution and or too many colors. Lowest I can go it 640x480 at thousands of colors. Is there anyway to go lower than those settings? I know it wont look great but I am just using it to watch movies since I don't have cable. and steal internet from my neighbors ha I am a poor college student.