MacBook Mini

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by drakeshipway, Mar 29, 2009.

1. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All pictures & info from 9to5Mac & Gizmodo

Something like:
    • 10.4" WXGA display.
    • 1280 x 768 pixel with LED backlighting.
    • NVIDIA MCP79
    • Intel Atom Z740 1.83GHz with 1MB L2 cache.
    • 2GB DDR3-800.
    • NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    • 64GB Solid State Drive.
    • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n
    • 1.03 kg?

2. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

3. chewbaccacabra macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

Well I'm happy it's posted someplace, and I hope it's put on the front page.. I want that Microsoft ad thread to go away on the front page. Sick of that train wreck of a thread. :rolleyes:

4. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

I think there is 3 threads about this now, people are now posting in the Microsoft Ad thread to get the thread count up to beat the Removal of Firewire thread.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Both of those need to be closed.

The FireWire one needs closed because it's just too long; over the standard 2,000 post closing limit.

The Ad one needs to be closed for the above reason and because everyone in there is trolling at this point. Nothing new has been discussed since page 6 (page 6 with 40 posts per page, I mean).

6. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Tell me about it! But anyway back on topic - This looks cool!

7. chewbaccacabra macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

One thing makes me suspect (well not ONE thing :) ) Is that a glass track pad? Didn't someone say the Air was too thin to incorporate one? So how about this?

8. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

These are stunning, it looks pretty real.

9. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Trolling, you say? :p

Heh heh well no in all honesty I came upon this thread first so this is the one I shall comment in.

The concept pictures of this MacBook Mini annoy me somewhat. The MacBook Air has a suitably deep footprint to fit a hard drive in the thicker end, and this doesn't, so unless Apple has designed a rectangular SSD in the style of the MacBook Pro 17 battery I don't see how this could contain a hard drive.

And if it were a special SSD, wouldn't that push the price up to £stupid (US$stupid.863) - thus making the cheap tiny notebook an expensive tiny notebook, usurping the Air and making no sense whatsoever?

Also, something about the Apple logo on the lid strikes me as wrong - the Apple logo on the unibody MacBook family is slightly frosted unlike on the plastic models, where you can see that the Apple is clear with a white backing. The Apple logo on this particular picture looks as if it is clear with a white background, which would set it apart from the other unibody machines.

I would continue ranting but I have to pack up and go to a lecture. Stupid university cutting into my ranting time *grumble*

10. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Looks like pure rubbish to me. Why would Apple sell a computer with an ssd for under 1000 bucks?