MacBook Mirror to AppleTV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by vzx34, Jan 17, 2012.

1. vzx34 macrumors newbie

i've been searching for this for a few days now and coming up short. For keynote presentation purposes, i want to mirror my macbook display over airplay to apple tv. Via a support chat i upgraded to Snow Leopard but still no luck. I've found various add on software like airflick etc..but they do video or pdf. I want to mirror the entire display wirelessly like i can from my iphone or ipad.

Is this possible? What am i missing?

i did not find it listed in features of OSX Lion, i don't want to drop the $$ if its not supported there either.

Anyone can point me in the right direction...much appreciated.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Perhaps this is why:
    I don't think this is possible, as the ATV is limited in its capabilities. You might search the Apple TV and Home Theater forum to see if anyone has been able to achieve this with a jailbroken ATV.

3. simsaladimbamba

I got that, but I assume, that the TV and the MacBook will be in the same room, and only convenience is the reason to use the Apple TV.

4. vzx34 thread starter macrumors newbie

The reason is this is an office with apple tv's hooked to projectors and standard
    HDTV's in board rooms. All this is for presentations, keynote, show emails and charts, etc.. Really it just looks more impressive when you can do it wirelessly.

Controlling a keynote presentation from your iphone including reddot pointer looks good to a crowd.