Macbook Modem, VMWare & Screenshots

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sylosis, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Sylosis macrumors newbie

I've got three issues I need help with.

Firstly I have a relatively new Macbook with 2gb ram; my internet connection is usually fine, however when I try and send a file to anyone over msn, it says I only have a 28.8 modem and transfers at a ridiculously slow rate (I know there has to be something wrong because the msn on my PC is fine). I'm connected by ethernet so wireless isn't the problem.

Secondly, I have VMWare Fusion, which works fine. I bought it off eBay (the whole macbook not just VMWare) and it came with Vista pre-installed on it. I have an XP installation disc and I tried to make a new VM with XP and it worked; however after I quit it's no longer there? Do I have to install it again and do something different this time or is it still there and just hidden?

Thirdly, I know this is going to sound so noobish but please, how do you print screen on a mac, or can't you?

Please help.

Cheers

2. kg1984 macrumors member

Hi,

Print Screen is Apple Key + Shift + 3, there's a short guide here.

Can't really help with the other two, except to say I have always found MSN dodgy on the Mac (and I think it's been shelved/being redeveloped by MS) and you might want to try Adium (open source) instead - it can connect to MSN contacts as well as Yahoo, AIM, etc.

Cheers.