MacBook name on bezel

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Magpie-23, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Magpie-23 macrumors member

Apologies if this has been asked before.
    I was curious why Apple returned to using the MacBook name displayed on the bottom of the bezel when they dropped MacBook Pro from the retina models screen. Anyone know the reasoning for this?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

Maybe they hired a former Verizon employee?

3. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I'm not sure, but I'm glad it's back!

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

There is no one here at MacRumors that is privy as to the reasons behind Apple's designs.

5. newellj macrumors 601

There was another thread with a lot of commentary back and forth a couple of weeks ago. I have to tell you that having used one for a week and a half now I literally never, ever see it.

6. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I don't mind a little bit of discreet branding on a product, IMO the "MacBook" on the bezel is pretty minimalist and doesn't bother me at all.

7. grphcdsgnr macrumors newbie

It's because...

They moved the plastic antenna piece from the aluminum frame to the bottom of the screen bezel. Previous MacBooks (pro/air/etc) have their plastic antenna piece at the hinge. So with plastic on the bezel now, make it look less bad.

8. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Timmy told me that the guy doing the designing/branding was going off an older MacBook for consistency and didn't think to check with the later models. This was missed when going to production so they just had to go with it.

IMO, I think it's so people know what it is. The MBPs are pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about Apple laptops. If it's metal and thicker than a pencil, it's a MBP.