Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbl-UR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Hi Everyone,

My first cry for help as a "newbie", and I'm hoping someone can help :eek: When I connected the Acer X243W monitor to my (July'06) MB 2.0 CD via DVI, everything seemed to be working as it should, except I noticed the mouse pointer was slow and erratic as I moved around the screen. The problem seemed to get worse as I went on, to the point where the pointer barely moved at all. I'm using a Logitech MX1000 BT mouse, which has always performed flawlessly. I tried a wired USB Apple mouse, with the same result. I noticed that when I plugged the DVI cable/Apple adapter into the MB, with the Acer off, pointer movement was degraded to the same point on the MB screen, using trackpad or mouse. I don't have another DVI cable to try at the moment, (I'm using the Acer cable that came with the monitor), and I don't have a DVI/VGA adapter to try the analog connection.
I'm currently using Leopard 10.5.1, but about a month ago, (using Tiger 10.4.10), I had an identical experience with another Acer monitor, (AL2216W), which I eventually returned, thinking it was the monitor that had the problem. Now I'm not so sure, but am not sure what to do next. I really like this big, bright beautiful display, and hope I can rectify this problem. I've noticed others in these forums are using Acer monitors without any issues, and I hope I can soon ad my name to the list!

dbl-UR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Not one suggestion or comment??

Never mind, I'm returning the monitor in total disgust and disappointment.

Son of Jar-El

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
Follow up on the Acer X243W thread

Have you guys figured out the cause of the problem or a solution to it? I just bought the same Acer monitor and I am wondering if I should return it for something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.