Macbook Newbie - Help me out

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PolishTamales, Oct 14, 2008.

1. PolishTamales macrumors newbie

PolishTamales

Hi there, I've been visiting MacRumors for a good year now trying to catch up on the latest in the Mac world. I'm trying to figure out which model would be best for me. Should I go with the new Macbook or Macbook Pro?

I'm mainly cartoonist doing heavy Adobe illustrator work and some photoshop work. (As seen here http://polishtamales.com/)

I'm currently working off an old eMac, so I'm looking for something on the go since I'll be graduating from college this year and trying to land a job in animation/gaming/cartooning.

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

If an eMac fulfilled your needs then I think a macbook should suffice.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

This is tough. I think the New MacBook would do you justice. With its added portability and video power you should find a much more enjoyable experience.

But it depends on how far into gaming you go. You may need to think this over a bit, because the MacBook may not have just enough power for some things you may do. Waiting might also help, in that we need to see some real world experience before Apple's "5X more graphics power than previous generation" can be taken seriously.

4. noisebleed macrumors regular

5. PolishTamales thread starter macrumors newbie

PolishTamales

My main concern that I forgot to mention is, 3D programs. Some places that I'm aiming for are looking for people with some Maya experience. I've been doing pretty well at the computer labs on campus, but I might need to work on something for my portfolio soon.

Will the graphics card on the new Macbooks fulfill my needs for Maya, as well as Adobe CS3(4)?