Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AntiKarateKid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Hey guys, I TRIED to wait for new ones but jsut can't college is killing me. I will buy it as soon as the new ipod touches are out but onto the topic.

I was planning on getting the clear techshell and moshi palmguard, would that be the best way to go? I want to get a blackbook and would like to find some good protection for the areas such as the trackpad but so far, everything I have found to protect the trackpad has complaints of making it unresponsive and etc.

So what do I use for the trackpad?

Please share your advice/experiences!:D

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Hey guys, I TRIED to wait for new ones but jsut can't college is killing me. I will buy it as soon as the new ipod touches are out but onto the topic.

I was planning on getting the clear techshell and moshi palmguard, would that be the best way to go? I want to get a blackbook and would like to find some good protection for the areas such as the trackpad but so far, everything I have found to protect the trackpad has complaints of making it unresponsive and etc.

I have the hard shell for mine and the palmguard. For the trackpad I got the
Track Pad Film http://store.apple.com/us/product/TL511LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2OA&mco=MTA4NjUx
it works great and it feels smoother. I haven't had any problems yet.
I also got this: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TK034LL/A but for a macbook, but I couldn't find the link for the macbook.

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

Don't get too set on the iPod, in the past when Apple has released new iPods during this promotion, they were not eligible for the rebate.

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
Don't get too set on the iPod, in the past when Apple has released new iPods during this promotion, they were not eligible for the rebate.

They won't this time either. They have the model numbers which are eligible for the promotion already set. Like others said, they have done this before and the new ones weren't included in the free ipod giveaway.

AntiKarateKid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Right so I'll take the current gen ipod touch then!

So far I have decided to skip out on the hardcases and such.

Instead I was hoping that this backpack:
http://www.buy.com/prod/wenger-syne...the-genuine/q/loc/16234/10393071.html#cRevSec

Along with an iclear solution thing with the cloth and marware pack... is this overdoing it?

I am not a neat freak, as long as it looks ok until it comes time to resell this laptop in 2 years, so is this enough for me?

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Right so I'll take the current gen ipod touch then!

So far I have decided to skip out on the hardcases and such.

Instead I was hoping that this backpack:
http://www.buy.com/prod/wenger-syne...the-genuine/q/loc/16234/10393071.html#cRevSec

Along with the marware protection pack and a trackpad film would be good enough.

Am I overdoing it? You thoughts and/or suggestions?

Personally, I have nothing protective on my MacBook and just put it in the notebook slot on my book bag and my notebook looks like new :)

AntiKarateKid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Personally, I have nothing protective on my MacBook and just put it in the notebook slot on my book bag and my notebook looks like new :)

You know what.. this research gets overwhelming after a while so I'm opting to get the backpack with the plain laptop and clean it once in a while with a dab of gentle soap like Dove on my glasses cleaning cloth....

What do YOU think?

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
You know what.. this research gets overwhelming after a while so I'm opting to get the backpack with the plain laptop and clean it once in a while with a dab of gentle soap like Dove on my glasses cleaning cloth....

What do YOU think?

I'm like you when it comes to computers there ;)

That would work. Another thing if you want to be even more careful, the bag that the laptop came in inside of the box, you can put it on it when you put it in your bag and it would be near impossible for it to get a mark on it. Okay, maybe not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

A7X21112

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2008
San Diego
Beware

OK so dont buy any speck case man they ruined my white macbook i can only imagine the black....

JUst please listen they will mess up your caseing
bottom to top

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.