macbook , no battery detected

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by spue2001, Dec 7, 2008.

1. spue2001 macrumors member

my white macbook ( 1.83cd ) has developed a fault . the battery is not detected . i have reset pram , has battery update , new battery (new exchange program replacement from apple) . when i start it up the mag safe is green then goes orange , sometimes the icon shows the battery charging symbol then changes to the x symbol . i can only use it on mains power :mad:, any ideas .:confused:

2. spue2001 thread starter macrumors member

battery out , press power for 5-10 seconds battery back in thing , if so yes

3. spue2001 thread starter macrumors member

did all the basic again , i tried booting with no battery installed . all went well got a green light but the very second the battery made contact with the pins the battery went orange . :confused:

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

The Magsafe led is meant to be orange when it is charging - if it does not detect a battery it will stay green....

Maybe the replacement battery is faulty ....

5. spue2001 thread starter macrumors member

6. spue2001 thread starter macrumors member

any chance its the battery connector transfer cable ?

7. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

It's possible, go to an Apple Store and they will be able to try a new battery and quote a repair if needed should you have one around you.

8. spue2001 thread starter macrumors member

just ordered the connector , total cost £8 , worth the chance of this failing . im pretty competent with repairing things - i fitted a new screen , hd , ram to the macbook im writing this on