MacBook not booting up in OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hankster, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I attempted to install XP this evening and received the standard "disk error...etc etc" message (didn't have SP2). So, I rebooted and held down the "Option" key to get the screen with the two options (OSX or Windows).

After I logged back in I removed the Partition created for Windows, but now when I restart the computer automatically tried to boot up in Windows and asks for a boot disk. I have to hold the "Option" key and select OSX (the only option available) each time.

How do I set it up so start up automatically boots up in OSX again? Many thanks.

2. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

Do MacBooks have a "start up" screen where you can select different start up options? I'm assuming when I installed Windows it wrote into some files and now my MacBook is trying to boot up reading the incorrect HD area.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...once you have booted into OS X launch your System Preferences then select the Startup Disk pane and select your OS X disk. If it already shows as the default then you may want to try "zapping the pram" - when booting the computer hold the Command+Option+P+R until you hear the startup sound *twice* then let it boot...hopefully that will get you defaulting back to OS X...oh yeah!