MacBook not booting

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mykiddosdaddy, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mykiddosdaddy macrumors newbie

My wife's MacBook G4 is not booting. I know it is probably a lost cause, but I can try, right? Anyway here's the situation:

About a week ago our daughter spilled a glass of water right on the keyboard. It had probably been a minute or two before we found it. We unplugged it off and took the battery out. Tried to dry it out as best as possible. We left it for about a week to dry out completely.

Earlier today we tried to boot it up and when we held down the power button the fan would come on for about a second and then the fan would go on and off repeatedly. Then we left it aside for a little while. Tried again and the fan came on, the white light on the front flashed and the light on the power plug was green. Reseated the battery and the fan came on steady. Right now it will not come on at all the power plug is orange. Through all this the display would flash for a second and then go off.

Is it a lost cause? My thoughts are that it is a logic board problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Sean

2. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

Do you mean iBook G4 or 4th generation/revision of MacBook? I don't know about the former, but it seems that for MacBooks spilling anything on the keyboard means logic board damage more often than not.