MacBook not charging/powering on

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Scurti130, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Scurti130 macrumors newbie

Hey guys so I've had this MacBook for about 3 years now and this is the first issue I have ever had with it...

So my cat decided to chew on the cable to charge my MacBook and next thing I know the MacBook won't charge or power on when plugged into the wall. I went to best buy to get a replacement charger but when I got home it did not charge my MacBook battery and none of the little lights turned on. The MacBook will also not power on by just using power from the charger being plugged into the wall. After taking back the charger and exchanging it for another one I came to realize that the second new charger did not work either.

This is very confusing to me because a friend brought their charger over for their MacBook air and it worked perfectly. Does anyone know what might be causing the new chargers not to work but allowing my friends to work?

I'm not sure if it matters but I'm using osx 10.5.8. Please any suggestions will be much appreciated!!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

u probably getting the wrong chargers for your lappy.

3. Scurti130 thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention that when I was at best buy the guy in the apple department said they discontinued the charger I have because of issues with it. So sold me the newer version that is supposed to work on my mac..... And it didn't:/

4. session101 macrumors regular

i would either search for the original power adapter online to find the "older" model or i would just take your mac to an Apple store and have them test different power adapters with it