Macbook (Not Charging)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by session101, Sep 7, 2011.

1. session101 macrumors regular

sorry guys ive typed in a search and got everything under the sun except my answer to my problem

today i played on my macbook until i killed the battery completely... then pluged it in and the orange light came on and left it for about 6 hours, then it was fully charged, i brought the macbook to work and used battery till about 50% then decided to plug it in. guess what?!? now its reading (Not Charging) it has done this before but only when initially plugged in then says charging.

so Ive done the following:
    shutdown, pulled charger and pulled battery for about 30 seconds, then plugged in and restarted.... no luck

shutdown and restart holding down the power button till flashing light and holding until solid light then letting go..... no luck

click option on battery status shows battery condition is normal and is not charging. coconut battery shows 839 cycles

what should i do?

2. session101, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

session101 thread starter macrumors regular

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you notice this?

4. session101 thread starter macrumors regular

*update*

originally... yesterday before i killed the battery to fully charge it, I cleaned out the mag-connector on both the laptop with the battery out and the charger... i forgot the mention that one part, but after cleaning it. IT WORKED and CHARGED just fine.. until I get to work and it doesn't charge

So i get off work this morning and do the same exact thing.. I Clean both connectors with alcohol, let it air dry and plug it back in without turning on the laptop and BAM! It works!

WTF!!!!!! so why the random quit charging then works again?

Either way, I wonder if something is starting to FAIL

5. session101 thread starter macrumors regular

6. Thomassen macrumors newbie

maybe its your office's outlet that doesn't work? I know one plug in my house doesn't like my charger, even though it fits.