MacBook not compatible w/iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psywzrd, Sep 24, 2016.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

So my early 2008 MacBook isn't compatible with the iPhone 7, which requires at least os 10.9 and iTunes 12.5. I don't really want to purchase a new MBP, MB, MBA, etc. right now, so I'm trying to figure out what to do so that I can use my iPhone 7.

I figure I have 2 choices - either install parallels and Windows on my MB OR buy the cheapest Windows laptop I can find to hold me over until I can buy a new Mac.

What do you guys think is the better option for me? If I buy a new Windows machine, is there a way to install iTunes and point it to my MacBook for the data (music, apps, tv shows, movies, photos etc)? In other words, can I set it up so that I can sync my iPhone to iTunes on the Windows machine as if it was iTunes on my MacBook (which has everything I need). Can I back it up on the Windows machine as well so that the backups are stored on the Mac?

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way to keep iTunes on my Mac synced with iTunes on the Windows machine. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030