MacBook not detect an external display

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Trueafrican, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Trueafrican macrumors newbie

I just bought a macbook 13" and it wont detect external display When i click on "detect displays" nothing happens .

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You're not overwhelming me with information. What kind of MacBook? What kind of display? What interface are they connected by?

3. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

Maccbook ,model mackbook 5,2 im using Apple Mini-DVI to S-Video/Composite Adapter but it wont detect external display .ie my sony tv screen .

4. leithmorkel macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem!

I have a Macbook 5,2 and OS X 10.5.8.

I want to connect it using a Apple Mini-DVI to S-Video/Composite Adapter. When I connect the adapter, the screen turn blue(like normal), but thats all that happens. I took it in and the guys in the workshop changed the Logic board, but that changed nothing. So it must be a software thing.

Can anyone help?

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you are referring to this adapter there is a line of fine print in the Overview section which indicates it is not compatible with your system.

6. leithmorkel macrumors newbie

Thats the newer adapter. My macbook has the older connector. heres a pic. Its the same type, just the older 1. So that means that it should work then right? Its not the Mini DVI output, its the older 1.

Attached Files: