Macbook not detecting airport, iphone does.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bobshaw, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Bobshaw macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    From time to time I have to perform a factory reset on my airport express due to connection problems. I am now very familiar with this process and it has become routine. This time however I am experiencing problems connecting with my macbook. It will be working perfectly but will suddenly lose connection. No bars on the symbol and when I detect networks it recognises all my neighbours but mine is not in the list. The airport utility does not detect it either. The green light is on on my airport and if I use my iphone it connects perfectly. If I come back 30 mins later the laptop will have connected again. Very frustrating, can anyone help?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Have you update your express to the most recent update? Run Airport utility and see if it prompts for an update.

3. Bobshaw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply, I am all updated, as I say the airport express is operating well. Green light and iphone working perfectly. Also if I reboot the laptop it discovers it again?

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Have you tried changing the wireless channel?

5. Bobshaw thread starter macrumors newbie

I do believe that has solved the problem. I was on channel 13, unlucky for some, channel 4 works great for me. Many thanks.

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Good, Good

You will probably find a neighbour nearby was broadcasting on the same channel. They were also probably having the same problems.

Glad your sorted.