Macbook not loading up after Yosemite update

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by fightingirish46, Jul 12, 2014.

1. fightingirish46 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else had a problem with your Mac booting up after installing the update to Yosemite?

My MacBook automatically updated last night while I had it closed. This morning, I open it up and see the update has less than one minute left. That stayed like that for bout 10min. I restarted the MacBook and it would shut down after bout 5min of it loading up. Then, I restarted the MacBook in Safe Mode and after 3hrs, it is at this stage (see attached pic).

Can anyone help me?

photo.JPG

2. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Same here. Worked on DP1 but get the shutdown on boot logo every time. 2010 MBP here

3. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Is it a hard disk drive, hybrid, or solid state?

Please use Feedback Assistant to report the problem to Apple.

----

I suspect that for some users, the OS ceases to drive the disk properly whilst running fsck_hfs … visualise a disk not spinning up when required.

Parts of the following discussion will be useful:

Will not boot into Safe Mode

4. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I had this problem yesterday after I tried to enable trim on my MBA (replaced it w/ new SSD 6 months ago). If this is what you did, read this. I had to reinstall Yosemite on my test mac.

5. Sakejaul macrumors newbie

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I installed the Yosemite public beta today and all was working pretty fine until I turned my mac off earlier and turned it back on now I'm stick with the apple logo loading screen, email me on jakesaul@live.com if you can help #I'm pretty stressed