MacBook not sleeping properly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cheesyappleuser, Jan 5, 2015.

1. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Hi everyone,
    From a week ago, I noticed my computer started to have some issues when entering sleep mode. I put it on sleep and I turn it on in the next day and it drained 18% overnight. That is definitely not normal, considering it used to drained almost no battery at all.
    I already had Yosemite installed a while ago, and the only update I installed was the RAW Camera update, as far as I can recall - and probably a Dropbox update too. I do have a Time Machine backup before the issue started to happen however.

Is there any fix or documentation on the issue? Thanks in advance.

Pedro.

2. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Do you have any devices plugged in when you leave it to sleep, for example SD cards, USB devices, thunderbolt devices etc?

According to Apple, external devices can stop the machine from entering standby.

https://support.apple.com/en-is/HT202124

3. cheesyappleuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

I have none. But I haven't backed up my computer in weeks; I'll do it now and see if it fixes the issues.
    Interestingly enough, though, it seems the computer woke up three hours right after entering sleep mode (stated as "EC.SleepTimer as the reason); it might actually be the computer entering standby, but I'm not sure.

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

In Yosemite on my rMBP, the standby timer is 3 hours after sleep. I've changed mine to 1 hour.

You can check by using the command on this page:

http://osxdaily.com/2013/01/21/mac-slow-wake-from-sleep-fix/